This article explains the functionality of Two-factor authentication policy. Two-factor Authentication (2FA) is an additional layer of security, which requires end-users to respond to a second authentication challenge when logging into MPexchange.
Admin access to the MPexchange portal at https://cp.serverdata.net/Portal/Partner/Login
By default 2FA is enabled on the account, but disabled for users. In order to manage 2FA settings navigate to Account > Security policies > Two-factor authentication (2FA). Here you will see the following options:
- Managing 2FA users: for enabling/disabling Primary 2FA and Exchange 2FA for individual users
- Primary 2FA:
- Enable for all / Disable for all: Automatically enable or disable Primary 2FA for all users on the account
- Enable Primary 2FA for new users: Have Primary 2FA enabled/disabled by default for new users
- Exchange 2FA:
- Enable for all / Disable for all: Automatically enable or disable Exchange 2FA for all users on the account
- Enable Primary 2FA for new users: Have Exchange 2FA enabled/disabled by default for new users
- If Exchange 2FA section is not found in the MPexchange Portal under Account > Security policies > Two-factor authentication (2FA) contact Support to find out when this feature will become available for your domain.
- Exchange 2FA can be enabled for a user only if they have Primary 2FA enabled
- Frequency settings are applied both for Users and Administrators who has 2FA enabled. Exchange 2FA is prompted on every new device and the frequency setting applies only to logins to Exchange Device Management Portal.
Managing 2FA settings for users
You can enable/disable both Primary and Exchange 2FA per user in user's settings as well. Navigate to Users > click on the Display Name of the user > User Info > Edit 2FA settings:
To enable Primary 2FA authentication for the user, check the Enable two-factor authentication for this user box. Under How to authenticate section choose Intermedia VeriKey app Push notification, SMS text message, Voice call or Intermedia VeriKey app One-time passcode. Add a phone number .
To enable Exchange 2FA, check the Enable Exchange two-factor authentication for this user box. Click Save Changes.