The Microsoft Report Message and Report Phishing add-ins for Outlook and Outlook on the web (OWA) makes it easy for users to report false positives and false negatives for analysis. False positives are good email that was blocked or sent to the Junk Email folder. False negatives are unwanted email or phishing that was delivered to the Inbox.
The Report Message add-in provides the option to report both spam and phishing messages. The Report Phishing add-in provides the option to report phishing messages only.
Admins can install and enable the add-ins for the organization. Both add-ins are available through Centralized Deployment. Individual users can install the add-ins for themselves.
- Admin access to a Microsoft 365 tenancy
It could take up to 12 hours for the add-in to appear in your organization.
When you follow these instructions to centrally deploy the add-ins, a corresponding app registration is also deployed in Azure. If you delete the app registration for the add-in in Azure, the add-in is also deleted from the organization.
- In the Microsoft 365 admin center at https://admin.microsoft.com, expand Show all if necessary.
Go to Settings > Integrated apps.
Or, to go directly to the Integrated apps page, use https://admin.microsoft.com/Adminportal/Home#/Settings/IntegratedApps.
On the Integrated apps page, select Get apps.
In the Microsoft 365 Apps page that opens, enter Report Phishing in the Search box.
In the search results, select Get it now in the Report Phishing entry to start the Deploy New App wizard.
- On the Add userspage, configure the following settings:
Is this a test deployment?: Leave the toggle at No
Assign users: Select one of the following values:
- Just me
- Entire organization
- Specific users/groups: Find and select users and groups in the search box. After each selection, the user or group appears in the To be added section that appears below the search box. To remove a selection, select on the entry.
Email notification: By default, Send email notification to assigned users is selected. Select View email sample to open the Add-in deployment email alerts article.
When you're finished on the Add users page, select Next.
- On the Accept permissions requests page, read the app permissions and capabilities information carefully before you select Next.
On the Deployment completed page, you can select view this deployment to close the page and go to the details of the add-in. Or, select Done to close the page.