This article describes how to send emails as a Distribution List.
Access to the MPexchange portal
To grant a user Send As permissions:
1. Log in to CONTROL PANEL, navigate to Services > Distribution Lists
2. Select Distribution List and click Send As
3. Choose a user in question and click Grant Send As Permissions button
Note: After the permissions are granted in the CONTROL PANEL, it can take up to 2 hours to propagate the changes
To send emails as a Distribution List:
1. Compose a New Email. Click the From field and select Other email address.
Note: If you do not see the From field, navigate to Options and select From in the section Show fields.
2. Select the Distribution List address from the Global Address List.
3. Send the email.
Note: If you receive below error message:
You do not have permission to send the message on behalf of the specified user
Then follow the below steps to select the Send As address from the Global Address List (GAL) rather than type it manually,
1. Click on the From field and select Other Email address.
2. Click From.
3. Make sure GAL is selected as the Address book.
4. Find the user in the list and click OK
Send in OWA:
1. Compose a New Email. Click on Show From option.
2. Click on your own email address, it will get selected, and press Delete keyboard button.
Note: You may need to Right-Click the email address and choose Remove option.
3.Type in the Distribution List address manually in From field and send a test email.
4. Next time you want to send a message using another address it will be available for selection in the drop-down for From field.
If you still proceed to receive this error message, free to email us at email@example.com and we can further assist you.