You can replace the name and logo of Avanan with the name of your Managed Service Provider (MSP) as part of customized branding. The name of your MSP appears in the restore requests and email notifications to Office 365 and Gmail end-users.
An admin level login to the MPmail Avanan portal.
These are the fields for customized MSP branding:
|Provider Display Name||MSP name to use instead of Avanan as the display name for emails to end-users.|
|Provider Information URL||MSP website or MSP documentation site URL.|
|Provider Support Email||MSP support email address.|
|Provider Logo||MSP logo.|
|Restore Request Top Level Domain||Link used to submit restore requests to release emails from quarantine.|
Configuring Customized Branding
- Log in to https://portal.avanan.net.
- Click Settings.
- Click the arrow next to Customize Brandingto expand the field and enter this information.
- For Provider Display Name, enter the MSP display name.
- For Provider Information URL, enter the MSP information URL.
- For Provider Support Email, enter the MSP support email.
- For Provider Logo, select the MSP logo and click Upload.
- For Restore Request Top Level Domain, enter the MSP top-level domain name.
- Click Save.
Configuring Restore Request Top Level Domain
After you save the domain name in the Restore Request Top Level Domain, Avanan requests a certificate from AWS Certificate Manager for the domain to serve.
A validation DNS record is automatically generated in the Domain Certificate Validation Status modal. The modal shows the details of Certificate Validation Status, Record Name, Record Type, and Record Value.
Note - The MSP has to go to the DNS provider and create a record with the generated Record Name, Record Type, and Record Value from the modal. After completing this record, Avanan uses the custom domain in the notifications for end-user emails.
Example: Customized DLP notification to end-users. The customization is available as shown in the image.
Example: Customized link to request release from quarantine by end-users
Example: Customized restore request