This article is designed to get you up and running with a new Avanan tenant. The guide is designed for deploying the service for new tenants and includes best practices for both the Avanan portal and your Microsoft 365 tenant. In addition the guide also includes information specific to your customers who may be using the MPmail filter as well as the associated lock down rules we recommend.
- Your Avanan MSP partner portal https://portal.avanan.com
- A new customer tenant within the portal
- Your target Microsoft 365 (Exchange Online) tenant Global Administrator credentials.
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org of you need assistance with any of the above.
Provisioning Avanan for a Tenant
Here is a link to the downloadable guide in PDF format.
Avanan Best Practices
- To deploy SmartPhish with best practices, use the Inline Protection mode.
- Always protect all users if possible.
- When selecting Workflows, all best practices options are marked with a star.
- Use the Anti-Impersonation settings. These are in the policy settings, in the Advanced Configuration, Configure Anti-Impersonation and Phishing Confidence-Level option at the bottom of the page.
- In the same screen, ensure protection from newly registered domains is active
- Also in the same screen, ensure 'Follow File Sharing Links' is enabled.