For when you're changing a desktop installation of Workplace over to the Server agent.
- A Workplace Server License
- An existing Workplace desktop installation
- Uninstall Workplace Desktop. Please refer to Install or Uninstall Workplace Desktop for detailed instructions.
- If you have projects stored in the Workplace folder that you intend to sync again after installing Workplace Server, be sure to select Yes in the Would you like to retain the data stored in the Workplace folder? popup.
- Folders synced from other locations will remain intact and in place, regardless of the select you make in the Would you like to retain the data stored in the Workplace folder? popup.
- Install Workplace Server. Please refer to Install or Uninstall Workplace Server for detailed instructions.
- Use the Merge feature, pointing to the local folder and corresponding Workplace project. For details, please refer to Workplace Server: Folder Sync Tab.
- Repeat Step 5 for each project. Please let each one finish before moving on to the next. This process should be fairly quick; because the data already exists on both ends, only metadata will be transferred.