This article will cover how you can install or uninstall the Workplace Server agent.
- Read and meet Workplace Server Requirements
- A Team Administrator
- Workplace Enterprise plan
- Download the installation file from Dashboard > Downloads button or Team > Manage Servers > Download icon
- Run the downloaded .msi file. This will result in the following popup:
- Click the Next button. The following popup will display:
Workplace Server will run under the LocalSystem account by default, but you may specify a Windows user account which the service will run under. The Windows user account must be part of the admin group and listed in the "Log on as a service" policy in the Local Security Policy.
The LocalSystem will enable Workplace Desktop to run as a background process even when the user is not logged in. It may not, however, have sufficient permissions to the data set to sync; the LocalSystem account requires full permissions to the data set in order for syncing to function properly. The Windows User account is more likely to have the necessary permissions to the data set, but must be part of the Admin group and listed in the “Log on as a service” policy in the Local Security Policy.
- Choose the logon account for the Workplace Server service. If you choose the Account option, enter the domain\user and the password associated with that user account.
- Click Install
- Click Finish
- Enter your username and password for an administrator account for the Workplace team, then click the OK button
- Read the Privacy Overview and Licence terms then select I accept the privacy overview and license terms radio button, then click the Next button
When Workplace Server is installed on a device, it automatically creates an “Autotask Workplace Server Violations” folder on the Desktop for the user profile under which it was installed. This folder is used as a storage area for sync violation files.
Uninstall Workplace Server
- Go to Control Panel > Programs and Features
- Select Autotask Workplace Server
- Click Change
- Click Next
- Click Remove
- Click OK
- Click Yes to allow the software to remove
- If you intend to reinstall Workplace Server on the same device and wish to retain the same account information, click the Yes button.
If you do not intend to reinstall Workplace Server on the same device, or if you do wish to reinstall it but do not want to retain the same account information when you reinstall, click the No button.
- Click Finish