This article will cover how to set up journaling on an Office 365 customer.
- A Customer with MParchive
- All Outbound Traffic going via Manage Protect smarthost. See this article for details on setting the outbound connector.
- Microsoft 365 admin account
[domain] will always refer to the internet domain of the account being setup.
For example 'manageprotect.com'.
- Outbound Connector must be set as per this article
- Login as an administrator to the M365 portal.
- Set up a contact to receive undeliverable journals.
In the M365 admin centre, click on Users, Contacts.
Click to Add a contact
Enter the display name of 'Undeliverable Journals'
Enter the email address of 'undeliverable@[domain]'
- Setup recipient for Undeliverable journals
In the left menu, click to show all admin centres, then click into Compliance
Click into Data lifecycle management, Exchange (legacy)
Click Settings at top right.
Click Undeliverable reports, and enter the email address of the contact created in step 2.
- Setup Journaling
Click into Exchange (legacy)
Click Journal rules
Click new rule
In Send journal reports to, enter the email address
In Journal rule name, enter 'MParchive Journaling'
In Journal messages sent or received from, select 'Everyone'
In Type of message to journal, select 'Internal Messages only'.