This article will cover various troubleshooting steps if you are having slow transfer speeds in Workplace
- A Workplace Customer
- Access to the PC/Mac having slow transfer speed issues
- The latest version of the Workplace Desktop software
- Access to a different Internet Connection
Data transfer speeds can be affected by a variety of factors, which may result in slower than expected transfers.
- Download and install the latest version of Workplace Desktop.
- The maximum bandwidth can be configured from within the Workplace Desktop Preferences. This is done in the Network tab.
- If you have a large amount of small files the speed can be slower. This is due to the fact that the metadata has to be transferred, this is expected behaviour.
- Run a speed test using this link http://speedtest-au.awp.autotask.net
- Try a different network connection to see if the speed changes
If you have run through all of this, please contact email@example.com. Make sure you provide the following:
- Name of the Workplace Customer
- Username of the person having issues
- Screen capture of the About Screen with the Device ID on it
- Workplace log files
- Any results from the speed tests
- Number of files you are trying to sync
- Is it initial upload or a just a new project