This article will cover how you can remove any previous installations from your computer when you are having issues with installing or uninstalling the Workplace Desktop Agent.
If you are having issues trying to install/uninstall Workplace Desktop please do the following:
- Download the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility
- Click the Download box and run it
- Select Problems Installing or Uninstalling
- When prompted, select Workplace Desktop
- Follow the on-screen instructions to remove Workplace Desktop
- Once removed, download and install latest version of Workplace Desktop
If you are still having issues please try using the Revo Uninstaller.
If you are still unable to install after this please find the two following folders:
Rename the two folders to the following:
Next open the Registry Editor by doing the following:
- Right Clicking the Windows Start button
- Select Run
- Type regedit
- Click OK
Once the Registry Editor is open, delete the following entries:
- In HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Autotask Corporation\Workplace, delete Components, and services.
- In HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autotask Corporation\Workplace, delete client.awp.autotask.net, and configuration