This article will cover how to install the browser certificates to work with MPweb DNS.
- The certificates downloaded from http://188.8.131.52/download
- A PC that is using the registered IP been setup in one of your MPweb DNS Customers
Certificates need to be installed to avoid browser errors when https websites are blocked. Although skipping this step will not stop filtering, it does avoid certificate errors when an https site is redirected.
Certificates can be downloaded from behind a registered IP address: http://184.108.40.206/download
The certificate needs to be installed to Trusted Root Certification Authorities. This can be done on individual systems or, depending on your environment, pushed out automatically. To install a certificate:
- Click Start, click Start Search
- In the Search field, type mmc, and then press Enter
- From the File menu, select Add/Remove Snap-in
- Under Available snap-ins, click Certificates, and then click Add
- Under This snap-in will always manage certificates for, click Computer account, and then click Next
- Click Local computer, then click Finish then OK
- In the console tree, double-click Certificates
- Right-click Trusted Root Certification Authorities
- Click Import to import the certificates and follow the steps in the Certificate Import Wizard to add the P7B certificate.