This article will cover how you can move from using Workplace Desktop as a file server agent to Workplace Server. To get this to work successfully you are going to have Unistall Workplace Desktop, install Workplace Server then use the Merge function.
- Workplace Enterprise Customer
- Workplace Server licence
- Workplace Desktop running as a file server agent
- Completely uninstall Workplace Desktop (make certain to not retain the user settings when prompted during uninstall)
- Install Workplace Server. Please see How To Install or Uninstall Workplace Server
- Share the project with the Workplace Server
- Use the merge function to link the local folders to the Workplace projects. Please see Workplace Server - Folder Sync Tab