This article will cover how to get files you have selected in Workplace Online to open on your Desktop using the correct program
- A Workplace Customer
- Username/Password for Workplace Online
- Workplace Desktop Agent installed on Windows 7 or later
When it opens files, Workplace Desktop uses the default edit settings for the file extension in your Windows Registry. If you've set default programs for certain file types in the Windows Control Panel, those settings only apply to opening files, not editing them.
If you want to set default programs for editing certain files types (which will control how files accessed from Workplace Online are opened), you will have to download and install a utility that allows you to control that.
If you experience this issue, please follow these steps:
- Download the utility at http://defaultprogramseditor.com/
- Open the utility
- Click File Type Settings
- Click Context Menu
- Search for the extension you wish to change
- Click on the line with the Edit command in it
- Either click Edit Selected Command to edit the settings for the Edit command or click Delete to remove it