Once this is complete you will need to do the following.
Step 1 - Outbound Connector
IMPORTANT - You will need to set all your Outbound traffic to go through our smart host, please see this article.
DO NOT CONTINUE UNLESS YOU HAVE DONE THIS.
Step 2 - Create an External Contact
- Open the EAC (Exchange Admin Centre)
- Go to Recipients then Contacts
- Click the + to create a new mail contact
- Name it MPArchive Journal
- The External Email Address will be your unique journaling address
Step 3 - Create a Recipient Group
- In Recipients go to Groups
- Click the + to create a new Distribution Group
- Name it MPArchive Journal Rejections and fill out the other details that make sense to you
- Add the people in your company who would need to know if messages are not journaled
Step 4 - Add the Distribution Group to the Undeliverable Journal Reports
- Go to Compliance Management
- Click on Journal Rules
- Just above the + icon will be a line that says "Send undeliverable journal reports to"
- Click the Select Address
- Add the Distribution Group you created
- Click Ok
- Click Save
Step 5 - Create the Journal Rule
- Click the + button to create a new journal rule
- In the Send Journal Reports to, enter the Contact Display Name that you created in Step 1
- Give it a name that makes sense to you
- Set both drop downs to Apply to all messages
- Click Save
- Verfiy that the full address appears under Send Journal Reports to